- We surveyed long-term care homes about their occupational health and safety practices in order to understand how a care home’s health, safety and disability practices are related to occupational injuries and illness.
- We are now recruiting firms in a range of sectors to participate in this survey in order to understand their health and safety practices and occupational injury/illness experience. Eligible organizations include signatories of the Safety Charter in all sectors, holders of the OSSE certification standard, and all other BC food processing and manufacturing firms.
- Our goal is to establish a set of leading health and safety indicators that organizations can use to assess and improve their health and safety performance.
- This project is funded by WorkSafeBC and FIOSA-MIOSA Safety Alliance of BC, the health and safety association for manufacturers and food processors, and has the full endorsement of SafeCare BC, the health and safety association for private long-term care homes.
- All eligible organizations will be contacted by study investigators and invited to participate. To learn more download the study infosheet or contact Suhail Marino, UBC Project Manager, at email@example.com or 604-822-0200.
- All workplaces in the private long-term care home sector have been contacted by study investigators and invited to participate. We are currently in the last stages of recruitment. To learn more download the study infosheet.
Learn more about our other work with leading indicators: Violence prevention programs in health care